WhatsApp have kindly provided all the tools you need to be able to do this. First, create a backup of your WhatsApp messages, then restore the backup to your new device. Easy, right? Let’s see how:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Tap the Menu icon > Settings.
- Tap “Chats” from the list of settings.
- Tap Chat Backup.
- Tap “Account” to select or add your Google Drive account.
- Check “Include Videos” if you would like to export them too.
- Tap “Back Up” to back up your WhatsApp conversations and media to Google Drive.
Great! You now have a backup of your WhatsApp conversations stored in your Google Drive. Next, you’ll need to restore this backup on your new phone.
How to restore WhatsApp chats to new phone:
- Install and open WhatsApp on your new Android device.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and tap “Agree And Continue”.
- Verify your country and phone number when prompted.
- Input the six-digit verification code if required.
- Tap Continue to allow WhatsApp access to your Google Drive backup.
- Give permission for WhatsApp to check your Google Drive for a backup.
- Tap the account that contains your backup.
- Tap Restore!
- When the restore process is complete, tap Next to continue to the app.